(This recipe serves 4-6 people)
- 2-4 whole acorn squash (cut in half, scoop out, and discard seeds)
- 1 pack ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pack ground turkey/chicken
- Olive oil
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1-2 bell peppers (diced)
- 1 pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheese (omit this ingredient if a paleo meal is desired)
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake the acorn squash halves cut side down for about 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, sauté the diced onions, diced bell peppers, and sliced mushrooms on medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Once the vegetables have cooked down, add the can of diced tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- In a separate sauté pan, brown the ground sausage and ground turkey/chicken with a tbsp of olive oil. Once the meat is fully cooked, add it to the vegetable mixture and combine ingredients evenly.
- When the acorn squash is done, remove them from the oven. Flip the squash over and fill them with the meat and vegetable mixture. Top with shredded cheese and put them back into the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!