(This recipe serves 4-6 people)
- 2-4 bell peppers (cut in half, scoop out, and discard seeds)
- 1 pack ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pack ground turkey/chicken
- Olive oil
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1-2 bell peppers (diced)
- 1 pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Chopped parsley
- In a large sauté pan or wok, sauté the diced onions, diced bell peppers, and sliced mushrooms on medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Once the vegetables have cooked down, add the can of diced tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- In a separate sauté pan, brown the ground sausage and ground turkey/chicken with a tbsp of olive oil. Once the meat is fully cooked, add it to the vegetable mixture and combine ingredients evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350°, lightly coat the bell peppers in olive oil, and bake them cut side up for about 10-15 minutes. (This will ensure that they are cooked when served)
- Once the bell peppers have cooked partially, remove them from the oven and fill them with the meat and vegetable mixture. (If desired, top with shredded cheese for a primal recipe) Put the filled peppers back into the oven for about 8-10 minutes to complete the cooking process.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!