(This recipe serves 8-10 people)
- 6-8 large tomatoes
- 1-2 large onions
- 3-4 whole garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boxes vegetable stock
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slice tomatoes and onions into large quarters, smash and peel the whole garlic cloves, and distribute vegetables evenly onto a baking pan. Lightly coat the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Once cooked, place the vegetables into a large stock pot on the stovetop. Add in the bunch of basil, 2 boxes of vegetable stock, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- With a hand blender, puree the vegetables until the texture is smooth. Add the can of coconut milk and continue to puree until well-mixed. Add more salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook on stove top at medium-low heat for about 20 minutes so flavors can incorporate.
- Serve topped with chopped fresh basil and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!