(This recipe serves 6-8 people)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (diced)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 packs sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 29oz. cans tomato puree
- In a large stock pot, sauté the diced onions, diced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, diced carrots on medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and chopped garlic. Once the vegetables have cooked down, add the cans of diced tomatoes, tomato puree, and chopped parsley.
- Let the flavors cook together on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes so they can incorporate.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of you favorite meal to spice up the flavor!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!
Try this recipe on top of our homemade Meat-A-Balls! Find the recipe here: