(The perfect appetizer –you can’t just have one!)
- 1-2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp (deveined, shell-on)
- 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients and mix well ensuring that all of the shrimp is fully coated. Cover with tin foil or plastic wrap and let marinate in the fridge for at least one hour. (The more time the better!)
- When ready, slide the shrimp onto kabobs. (I use metal ones so I don’t have to worry about the wood kabobs burning.)
- Fire up the grill! Heat to about 300°-350° and place the shrimp kabobs evenly on the grill. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. (When they are bright pink in color, they are done!)
- When they are done, use a fork to remove the shrimp from the kabobs into a large bowl or onto a serving platter.
- Enjoy! Your guests will absolutely love these!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!