(This recipe serves 8-10 people)
- 3-4 packs fresh mushrooms (You can use whatever mushrooms you like. For this recipe, I used Yellow Oyster, Shiitake, Crimini, Baby Portabellas, and White Mushrooms)
- 1-2 large onions (diced)
- 1 leak (washed & diced)
- 3-4 whole garlic cloves (finely diced)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 boxes vegetable stock
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Green onions (chopped)
- In a large stock pot, sauté on medium-high heat the mushrooms, onions, leaks, and garlic with 2 tsp olive and oil and salt and pepper. Cook for about 10-15 minutes so that the vegetables can begin to wilt.
- Add in the two cans of full fat coconut milk, 1-2 boxes vegetable stock, and the chopped basil. Stir to incorporate all of the ingredients together. Allow to cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- With a hand blender, roughly blend all of the ingredients. I don’t like to completely puree the soup so that there are large some chunks of vegetables.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!