(This recipe serves 8-10 people)
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1-2 large onions (roughly chopped)
- 3-4 whole garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1-2 boxes vegetable stock
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ lb bacon strips
- 2 tbsp chives (chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- In a large stock pot, boil the cubed sweet potato, chopped onions, and garlic cloves with vegetable stock for about 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- In a shallow frying pan, fry the bacon strips on medium heat on each side until crispy. Set aside, and blot with paper towels to remove excess oil. Roughly chop into ½” pieces.
- Once the potatoes are soft, use a hand blender to puree all of the ingredients until smooth. Add the can of full fat coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to puree until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Allow ingredients to continue cooking for about 20-30 minutes to fully incorporate.
- Top with bacon bits and chopped chives and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!