The perfect recipe to keep you warm this fall!
(This recipe serves 6-8 people)
- 1-2 large onions (diced)
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup bell peppers (diced)
- 1 small jalapeño (finely diced)
- ¾ cup fresh tomato (diced)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes with chili’s
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 32 oz. can natural chicken stock
- 1 lb cooked whole chicken (carved and roughly chopped/shredded)
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach or kale
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large stock pot, sauté onions, mushrooms, celery, carrots, bell peppers, and jalapeño with 2 tsp olive oil, salt, and pepper on medium-high heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables begin to soften, add the fresh diced tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes, canned corn, and canned beans. Stir thoroughly and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the entire 32 oz. can of chicken stock, chopped spinach or kale, and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Allow ingredients to cook for about 10-20 minutes while you carve the chicken. Remove all skin and bones from the chicken and roughly chop before adding it to the soup. Once the chicken is added to the soup, add salt and pepper to taste. (Add ½ teaspoon of chili powder for an extra kick!)
- Allow ingredients to continue cooking for about 20-30 minutes to fully incorporate.
- Top with shredded cheese or crumbled gluten free tortilla chips and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!