The perfect side dish!
(This recipe serves 6-8 people)
- 1 large bag baby carrots
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 1-2 whole garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chives (chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- In a large stock pot, boil the baby carrots, chopped onions, and garlic cloves in water with a teaspoon of salt for about 30-40 minutes or until the carrots are very soft.
- Once the carrots are soft, strain over the sink in a large colander.
- Add the strained carrots and onions into the blender or food processer with the can of full fat coconut milk.
- Blend until very smooth and transfer back into pot.
- Add the chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste. Stir thoroughly on low heat. (The can of coconut milk can make the puree cool)
- Once warmed through, serve as the perfect side dish topped with chopped chives and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!