(This recipe serves 6-8 people)
- 4-6 large tomatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- 1-2 large onions
- 3-4 whole garlic cloves (finely diced)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box vegetable stock
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slice tomatoes and onions into large quarters. Toss vegetables with diced garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt & pepper. Place on a baking sheet in an even layer and roast for about 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large stock pot, boil the cubed sweet potato with water and a teaspoon of salt for about 20-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, strain them and place back into stock pot. Add in the roasted tomatoes and onions with the can of full fat coconut milk and the box of vegetable stock.
- With a hand blender, puree the vegetables until the texture is smooth. Add in the bunch of fresh basil and continue to puree. Add more salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook on stove top at medium-low heat for about 20 minutes so flavors can incorporate.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese and chopped fresh basil!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!