(This recipe makes about two dozen cookies)
- 1 box gluten free chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg (You can add 2 eggs for a more cake-like cookie)
- 1 cup confectionary sugar
- 1/3 cup almond/coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp chocolate pudding mix
- 1 stick organic butter, melted (I use Kerrygold butter)
- Add roughly chopped nuts or dairy free chocolate chips if desired
- Combine the gluten free cake mix, 1 egg, almond/coconut milk, pudding mix, butter, nuts, and chocolate chips into large mixing bowl.
- Use electric hand mixture to combine all ingredients. The mixture should be somewhat dry so that it is easy to roll mix into balls. (If the mixture is too wet you can add almond meal or coconut flour to thicken it. If mixture is too dry you can add more almond/coconut milk. These adjustments will not affect the baking process)
- In a separate bowl, add 2 cups confectionary sugar. Roll the cookie batter into 1 inch balls and roll in the confectionary sugar. Place the balls a few inches apart on a pizza stone (a pizza stone is the best way to bake these. However, you can use a cookie sheet if you don’t have a pizza stone)
- Bake cookies in the oven for about 12 minutes. You will have to do multiple batches.
- Once cookies come out of the oven, put them onto a cooling rack so they can cool evenly. (See image above)
Download a PDF of this recipe here!