(This recipe is for a non-stuffed, 8 lb chicken. Adjust accordingly for the perfect result! The best guideline is to bake the chicken for at least 20 minutes per pound)
- 1 chicken (thawed)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (rough chop)
- 2 lemons (squeeze out juice & cut into multiple wedges)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary (rough chop ½, whole sprig ½)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Remove innards from chicken, discard, and rinse chicken thoroughly in cool water
- Place chicken in large roasting pan and cover with olive oil, salt, pepper, rough chopped rosemary, diced onions, and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Place a lemon wedge or two inside the chicken with the sprig of rosemary and chunks of garlic.
- Place remaining ingredients in the pan surrounding the chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Place chicken in oven and bake for approximately 2.25 hours
- Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for 30 minutes (baste if desired)
- Make sure inside temperature of chicken is at least 185°
- Let sit for 10 minutes before carving/serving so the juices can be reabsorbed into the chicken
Download a PDF of this recipe here!