(This recipe serves 6-8 people)
- 1-2 large onions (diced)
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups celery (diced)
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 32 oz. can natural chicken stock
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach or kale
- 1 package sweet Italian lean turkey sausage
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped fresh basil
- In a large stock pot, sauté onions, mushrooms, celery and carrots with 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper on medium-high heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables begin to soften, add the canned diced tomatoes and stir thoroughly. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the entire 32 oz. can of chicken stock, chopped spinach or kale, and freshly chopped basil.
- Allow ingredients to cook together for about 10-15 minutes while you brown the turkey sausage in a frying pan. Once browned, drain the excess fat and add in to the soup.
- Stir thoroughly and allow the ingredients to continue cooking for about 20-30 minutes to fully incorporate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!