- 1lb jumbo shrimp (raw)
- 3 cups of your favorite white wine
- Olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 zucchinis
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder (2 tsp each)
- In a large sauté pan or wok, sauté the diced onions and sliced mushrooms on medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Once the onions and mushrooms have started to cook down (about 10 minutes), add the 3 cups of white wine and let simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- While the onion and mushroom mixture is cooking, use a mandolin to shred the zucchini into strands like spaghetti. (see photo above)
- Remove shells from the raw shrimp and rinse thoroughly in cool water. Add to the onion and mushroom mixture. The shrimp should cook in a few minutes depending on their size. When they are a bright pink color, they are done! (Overcooking shrimp will cause them to have a rubbery texture) Add the ¼ cup of parsley just before serving.
- In a separate sauté pan, add the zucchini strands and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder on medium heat. (this should only take a few minutes as you only want to warm the zucchini through instead of cooking it completely)
- Portion out zucchini into bowls, top with the onion, mushroom, and shrimp mixture and enjoy!
Download a PDF of this recipe here!